10 Jul Banana Split Sundaes-Serves 8 (serving size: 1 sundae)
RECIPE FROM: OXMOOR HOUSE
Believe it or not, banana splits are a great way for children (and adults, let’s be for real…) to have a well-balanced sweet treat. The trick is to go heavy on the fruit!
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups vanilla light ice cream
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups sliced banana (2 bananas)
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup bottled caramel sauce, warmed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted almonds
How to Make It
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into each of 8 bowls. Top each with 1/4 cup strawberries and 2 1/2 tablespoons banana. Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons each of Dark Chocolate Sauce and caramel sauce over each serving. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweetened whipped cream and 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Tip: For portion control, scoop the ice cream for the kids, and then let them assemble everything else themselves.
- calories 296
- calories from fat 0.0 %
- fat 12.3 g
- fat 4.5 g
- fat 4.7 g
- fat 1.4 g
- protein 6.8 g
- carbohydrate 42.4 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 31 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 85 mg
- calcium 163 mg